Friday, May 20, 2016

Sandy Sieber’s Pennsylvania Homeschool Evaluations

(I am an elementary and high school evaluator in the 717 area)

Meeting Request:
  •  Call or message on Facebook to set up day and time.
  • Ask for directions and cost if you don’t know already

Bring to the evaluation meeting: read more

Student/students

Log
  •  You are only required to put down what books you use each day, but more is fine. You don’t need to turn this in to the school district.
  •  Either have the days of the log numbered or provide a calendar with the days marked off and numbered.

 Portfolio
  • Provide samples of the student’s work from throughout the year.  I like 6 or 7 pages for each subject. You don’t need to turn this in to the school district. Oral work or activities is fine. Tell me about it or provide a written statement about what you did. I love pictures!

 Test Scores for 3rd, 5th, or 8th grades
  •  I will provide confirmation to the school district that you did this. You don’t need to turn the test scores in to the school district.

 At the evaluation meeting:
  •  I will talk to the student.
  • I will talk with the parent.
  • I will go through the log and the portfolio and ask questions.

 What you will leave with:
  •  If approved, a paper stating that I have conducted an evaluation and found you meeting the requirements of Act 169 of 1988.

 What you need to turn in to the school district:
  •  The evaluation paper that I provide.




No comments:

Post a Comment