Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Here's another blog from Amber. Just what I needed today. Hope it encourages you, too.

Is Anything Too Hard for God?

By Amber Schamel

Have you ever had a problem that you just can't fix? You've tried everything, but have nothing to show for it? I had one of those situations last week.

I was copying some CD's for a non-profit when the robot duplicator stopped working. I had shut it down the night before, and when I came back the next day, it wouldn't turn on. Tech support had told me that the motherboard or CPU was about to go out, and when it did, it would cost a lot of money to get it fixed. I spent 30 minutes plugging, unplugging and fiddling with cords, switches etc . trying to get it to turn on, but to no avail.

Yesterday, I was at my wits end. I needed to fulfill an order, and it still wouldn't turn on.  I stopped, bowed my head and silently prayed.  Lord, we really need this duplicator to work. The non-profit doesn't have the money to replace it, and we're using it to encourage people in Your word.  Please make this thing turn on and work properly.

Did you know that Jesus fixes computers?

I flipped the switch, and the duplicator immediately sprung to life. I haven't had any problems with it. It made me wonder why I hadn't prayed about it long before! Thus the infamous words of the song:

"Oh what peace we often forfeit!
Oh what needless pain we bare,
All because we do not carry,
Everything to God in prayer."

Some may say, that is a very small thing. Why would God care about that? But you know what, sometimes God's greatness is shown by how small of things He can do. This little thing He did for me was a great reminder of the power of a faith-filled prayer, and that NOTHING IS TOO HARD FOR GOD.

What do you need God to do in your life? Is it too big? Is it too small?

Jeremiah 32:27

Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me on today, Sandy!
    I hope people will comment and share their thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God cares about the little things too! I am so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Amber! Our God is so good!

    It's funny, sometimes the things He does that mean the most to me are the little tiny things no one else knows about, but when He answers those little prayers, it's like He's saying, "I know and I love you. Here you go, 'just because.'" :)

    ReplyDelete